THE WYKEHAM COLLEGIATE FOUNDATION
We strive to offer girls more than just great facilities and an excellent educational experience. We endeavour to provide added value through keeping in touch with the demands of the fast-changing world and preparing girls for this.
“We aim to provide The Wykeham Collegiate with a long-term endowment so that it can continue at the forefront of girls’ education in South Africa. Our dream is to fund the Foundation to the point where it can sustain its own administration and become a powerful tool for promoting excellence in education at The Wykeham Collegiate.”
– Board of Governors
The Wykeham Collegiate Foundation Fund aims to promote the work of The Wykeham Collegiate in three targeted areas:
To provide access to excellent education for deserving girls from disadvantaged backgrounds
To provide bursaries for daughters and granddaughters of Old Girls who would not otherwise be able to attend The Wykeham Collegiate
To develop outstanding facilities to provide the basis for the provision of world-class education for girls at The Wykeham Collegiate
It is intended that The Wykeham Collegiate Foundation Fund be an endowment fund created to receive and invest funds for promoting these three targeted areas.
The Foundation team undertakes to:
- respect a donor’s right to anonymity.
- ensure donors receive regular communication regarding how funds are to be deployed.
- extend appropriate recognition and appreciation to you, offer naming opportunities for buildings or scholarships subject to the size and nature of the donation, sponsorship or legacy. Naming decisions will be made at the sole discretion of the Foundation Board.
- list the name of major donors, should the donor wish to do be named and has not requested to remain anonymous.
- invite donors to appropriate events at the school. Donors are, of course, welcome to visit the school by appointment during school terms.